7309 New Forest Lane
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Presented by The Kima Real Estate Group
Asking Price: $679,900
You are not going to want to miss this truly unique home. With space galore, you won’t believe all of the nooks & crannies that have been utilized. This 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath house features soaring ceilings, custom hardwoods, stacked stone, double-sided fireplace, downstairs guest suite, large bonus room with access to 700 sq ft walk up attic. Enjoy prime outdoor living on this 2.43 acre lot with fenced yard, irrigation system and drought resistant zoysia grass. There’s even room for a county pre-approved in-ground pool! Call us today to schedule your private showing.
1. What do you love most about Wake Forest? I think the thing about Wake Forest that is great is that it has a small town atmosphere but is close to Raleigh/Durham; this makes it easily accessible to cultural/sporting events that we all like. In addition, we have seen Wake Forest grow over the years and it has many of the daily amenities that we need close by. Durham Performing Arts Center is a straight shot down NC 98 to Durham. Lots of recreational sports teams for kids, some offered through the county, some through the Town of Wake Forest…including a growing tennis program at Flaherty Park. Plus, there is an annual Christmas parade.
2. What are the best things about your neighborhood? The neighborhood is great in that it is a quiet neighborhood without through traffic, without any of the noise from the highways, and the fact that the trees have all been preserved when they built out the neighborhood; this makes everyone’s homes/yards visually appealing. The neighborhood is friendly and very safe. People look out for each other. Everybody also has a sizeable lot so that the houses are not on top of each other. Since the far end of New Forest Lane backs up to Camp Kanata, the neighborhood will always retain its peaceful charm. But you can be back onto NC 98 in 3 minutes to get anywhere you need to be in the Triangle in a short time.
3. What are a few of your favorite restaurants and shops? From a guys perspective, having Home Depot/Lowes within 5 minutes of the house is always great. From a woman’s perspective, having Super Target as well as well as several Harris Teeters and Whole Foods within 5-10 minutes of the house. Triangle Town Center is 15 minutes away. Lots of new restaurants popping up in the area-our favorites include Gateway Tavern, Asia Bistro, and Over the Falls Deli (the BEST reuben in town!) We have seen the whole Wake Forest/North Raleigh area grow over the years in a very logical way without all the restrictions of Cary. For people who travel a lot, Raleigh Durham International Airport is easily accessible.
4. What are some of the best nearby conveniences? It is certainly nice having several very large grocery stores, a large movie theater and numerous restaurants all within 5-10 minutes of the house…including 2 Starbucks!
5. What do you love most about this home? I think the biggest thing that we like about the house is the sense of space/value with the two-story family room/sunroom. Although it is a large house, it never felt that way. The house has always felt cozy despite its size. We kept the main living quarters upstairs so that they would be physically separated from the entertaining areas. In addition, we’ve also loved the dramatic views of the two-story fireplace and then looking beyond into the wall of windows in the sunroom. We specifically set up the downstairs guest suite to accommodate aging parents with the intention to convert to a master suite when we no longer wanted to negotiate the stairs ourselves! While we used the attic for storage, we had discussed converting it to a home theater from time to time. I also love many of the thoughtful updates we did such as the whole house surge protector as well as the UV filter on the big windows in the sunroom. The filters help to moderate the temperature while still allowing plenty of natural light into the home.