Wake Forest, North Carolina
Presented by The Kima Real Estate Group
Asking Price: $264,900
Charming ranch home with first floor master suite and gorgeous master bath! Beautiful stone accents on the exterior with a covered front porch, great deck for summer cook outs and a two car garage. This home has an open floor plan, dormer window seats with hidden storage, hardwood floors plus a guest suite, bonus room and office on the second floor! Enjoy the privacy of the fenced-in backyard complete with beautiful rose bushes. Move right in to this well cared for home…beautifully landscaped and in a great neighborhood!
4 Bedrooms | 3 Bathrooms | 0.29 Acres | 2556 Square Feet
1. The things we love about our town… “The Town of Wake Forest is a big reason why we live in this part of Wake County. The town offers community activities year round for everyone. Some of our favorites are: Six Sundays in Spring: the town offers free concerts every Sunday at Joyner Park. Joyner Park starts a few 100 yards from our front door. Very short walk. Wake Forest Farmer’s Market: our own small local market offering the best of local produce. Arbor Day: a full day for the kids, tree giveaway, Easter egg hunt and annual service awards. Wake Forest is a ‘tree city USA’ one of the oldest in the country. Swing into Spring: Close off downtown and enjoy craft and food vendors. Kind of like our own mini state fair. One of our top 3 activities. 4th of July Celebration: Fireworks, crafts, live music and parades…one of the best around. We can walk to Joyner Park and watch the fireworks from the park. Sports, Park and Recreation: Softball, baseball, yoga, basketball, tennis and much more. We have tried most of them, lots of fun! All the events are very close to Old Mill Stream and only a few steps away, as well as the beautiful Greenways throughout Wake Forest…bike or walk to all of these activities!”
2. The best things about our neighborhood… “Old Mill Stream has a great mix of neighbors. We have a great community and everyone sticks together to help keep the entrance signs and roadsides looking perfect. The neighborhood has a great mix of kids of all ages. This is what we will miss the most about Old Mill Stream. All of our friends host BBQ’s and family parties for everyone around the neighborhood. We also walk to Joyner Park together to enjoy live concerts and entertainment. The neighborhood is the perfect size for small town living at its best. We also have a great kid’s park in the neighborhood that is within 200 yards of our house. A favorite of the kids around our house!”
3. Our favorite neighborhood restaurants are… “Shuckers Oyster Bar is one of our favorites…great seafood and tradition. You can’t go wrong with Shuckers for seafood. Main Street Deli is another locally owned and operated restaurant that has a great homegrown menu. Try the Grilled Pimento Cheese sandwich with Texas toast…just awesome! White Street Brewery is a great local business that is in downtown Wake Forest. Within walking distance from the house it’s one of the coolest places in town to watch a game or just stop in for a beer. All locally brewed and the old downtown building takes on a life of its own”.
4. Some of the best nearby conveniences are… “Most frequent within a mile: Harris Teeter Grocery Store, Cash Points, Capital Boulevard, Joyner Park, Napa, Kerr Drugs and Dry Cleaners”.
5. Our favorite things about this home… “Flexibility of the floor plan. It’s like a ranch with an upstairs. The back deck area is our favorite part. The age of the house is perfect for the trees in the backyard. The backyard is mostly shaded in the afternoon and allows us to really enjoy hanging out with friends and family without being beat up by the sun. The backyard also has privacy from all surrounding homes. Check this area out if you come to look at our home. The landscaping is completed all the way around the home and the yard has an irrigation drip system for veggies and potted plants during the summer months. When we built this house the things we wanted most were beautiful hardwood floors, tile floors for the bathrooms, big back deck, great local custom builder, below ground irrigation, front stone accents, his and hers closets and large tub in the master. We are the original owners and will really miss this house. If I build another home it will be very similar to this one…if not the same”.