3016 Gentle Breezes Lane
Presented by The Kima Real Estate Group
Asking Price: $450,000
Sweeping hardwoods welcome you to this custom home! Remodeled kitchen, new granite counters, tumbled tile back splash & SS appliances. Eat in kitchen w/views of bright sun room & 2 story family room. Cozy fireplace, 1st floor office, guest suite & formal DR finish off the 1st floor of this beauty. Brand new carpet throughout the home. True master retreat w/sitting area, 3 more large BRs & bonus on 2nd floor. Finished 3rd floor w/full bath! Huge back deck, covered porch, custom stone patio, fenced yard!
5 Bedrooms | 3.5 Bathrooms | 0.16 Acres | 4,458 Square Feet
1. What do you love most about Raleigh? Raleigh is literally the best city in the world. You might think this hyperbole, but you’re looking in Raleigh, and you’re awesome, so imagine when a half a million people (http://www.raleighnc.gov/government/content/PlanDev/Articles/LongRange/RaleighDemographics.html) decide to make their home in a geographic area. You get a city full of people like you, and how can it not be the best city in the world? It’s the 2nd largest city in North Carolina, and as such, it has all the big city things one could want or need, while simultaneously offering an immense number of outdoor recreation opportunities for those that like to leave the big city behind. Falls Lake, Umstead Park, the Greenway system? Google this. You’ll fall in love.
2. What are the best things about your neighborhood? Do you remember when you were growing up and you could go outside and play with your friends in the neighborhood until it was past dark? That’s Bedford. There are kids everywhere, and we’ve always felt safe and comfortable with our kids playing and running through the ‘hood with their friends, and our friend’s kids. Sidewalks line every street on both sides, and there are parks and trails that cut through trees and beside the Neuse River. Here’s the coolest thing, though. Your kids aren’t the only ones that will enjoy “playing”. Bedford is a very active community, overall, and you’ll see your friends and neighbors running on the trails, grilling at the clubhouse and pool during the summer, enjoying pancakes with Santa in December, decorating their wagons for the annual 4th of July parade around the clock tower in the neighborhood, and something else every other weekend. Your kids can play, and you can play.
3. What are your favorite local restaurants and shops? Bedford has restaurants and shops right in the middle of the neighborhood, and they happen to be about a 4 minute walk from our house. Karoake and a dance party happens every Saturday night at Bedford Bistro and Bar. If I need a bottle of wine or a chocolate chip cookie after dinner, I run over to Café B’s . If we’re feeling fancy, Sushi Lulu is our spot. All of this is within eyesight of the pool, and I can’t tell you how awesome it is to be at the pool hanging out with friends, only to walk over as a family for a quick treat before walking back home.
4. What are some of the best nearby conveniences? You’ve heard about the Bedford pool, right? It’s a 3 minute walk from the house. You could drive there in 30 seconds, but walking is what you do in Bedford. That, or bring a golf cart! The Raleigh Greenway is where I spend most mornings running or riding a bike. There are 2 entrances to the Greenway that are on either side of our home. The trail runs along the Neuse River from the Falls Lake Dam, all the way to Johnston County in a straight shot. You never have to jump off the trail. I love taking the kids to the Falls Lake park just across from Bedford. We’ll hike the Mountain to Sea Trail and do our best Lewis and Clark impression. Honestly though, I love just hanging out with the neighbors grilling out, sitting on the front porch, or hanging by the fire pit in the backyard.
5. What are your favorite things about your home? The way the kitchen flows is awesome for parties and entertaining. We love having lots of folks over, and just enjoying company. There is so much space too, that you’ll never feel like you’re cramped or stepping over each other. The 3rd floor “man cave” is a nice hideaway. There’s a wet bar, and full bath. You could live there during football seaon and never come downstairs! I also love all of the things that we’ve updated and upgraded while we lived here. The fireplace, and all the stone work, for example. There’s just so much square footage that you can use and grow in, and with all of the parks and outdoor spaces nearby, you don’t have to go far away from conveniences like a neighborhood pool and proximity to Raleigh to get outdoors.
For more details on the beautiful home, please visit http://search.wakeforesthomes.com/1-1993914/3016-Gentle-Breezes-Lane-Raleigh